Leaving Certificate Spanish
We offer an intensive programme covering all aspects of the Leaving Certificate Spanish paper suited to those willing to give 100% commitment. Our Leaving Certificate Spanish students receive excellent, comprehensive notes with all the examination topics covered in detail. Continuous written assignments are corrected and graded so students can see real progress being made. Constructive feedback from our expert tutors will increase students’ determination to succeed.
Having one foreign language is a requirement for hundreds of CAO courses now so it is unwise to drop your language unless you are certain it will not make you ineligible for a course you may choose in the future. Spanish is useful for travel and a wide variety of careers and is one of the official languages of the European Commission.
We are currently offering Spanish on Wednesday evenings to HL Leaving Certificate students. See Timetable for more details!
LEAVING CERT SPANISH PROGRAMME – What we cover and how:
Methodology and General Course Information:
Below is a general course outline of what to expect. Spanish grammar is covered systematically with emphasis placed on reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in the core topics. Working through past papers enables students to improve not just their vocabulary, but also learn important strategies and grow in confidence. Students are also given intense language drilling before the oral exams. All classes are 80 minutes’ duration per week.
- Weekly homework assignments given and corrected the following week
- Exam questions practiced and taken up for correction
- Monthly Assessments
- All areas of the course covered: reading comprehension, listening, oral, written
- Online support 24 hours a day via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or email.
- Progress Reports issued to parents at Christmas and Easter. Parents are notified if students do not complete their homework or are not performing to the best of their ability
- A) Spanish Oral
(The oral accounts for 25% of the final examination result)
- B) Spanish Aural (Listening Comprehension)
(The aural accounts for 20% of the final examination result)
- c) Spanish Written Expression
(The written expression accounts for 55% of the final examination result)
Ref: The Department of Education & Skills, Ireland, 2018