Summer Language Bootcamp for Junior Teens 2019
NEXT COURSES STARTING FROM 1st JULY 2019
(Registration closing date 14th June 2019).
French/German/Spanish classes full of fun for teenagers aged approx. 13 years. Participants will enjoy learning a second language in a friendly atmosphere where everyone can gain a new experience different from their daily activities.
These 10-day comprehensive summer language Bootcamps are ideal for children transitioning from 6th class primary school to first year second level who will be required to learn a foreign (European) language as part of the second level curriculum. The Bootcamps provide an introduction to the chosen language (covering basic greetings and vocabulary; the syntax of the language and how languages are constructed through grammar; there will also be an emphasis on pronunciation; finally there will be some elements of the cultures of the chosen language included).
These courses offer an ideal opportunity for your child to get a step ahead prior to the ‘Start-back’ to school in September.
Why should children learn a second language?
- Children have a natural ability to easily learn a foreign language.
- Research shows that children who learn a second language have a higher rate of success in their education and their subsequent adult careers.
- French is an official language in 29 countries and isthe fourth-most widely spoken mother tongue in theEuropean Union.
- Spanish is already the second international business language and the third most used language on the internet.
- Polish is one of the official languages of the European Union and can now be taken as part of the Irish Leaving Certificate examination.
In class there will be great emphasis on using the language as much as possible. Where we will focus on some of the following topics:
- Foods/Parts of the body & face vocabulary
- Expressing feelings/emotions
- How to ask questions
- Culture of the country
The courses consist of one ‘2 hour’ daily class run over 10 days. The course fee is €300 per child (up to 12 children max per class)
6th Class (13yrs old)
SUMMER LANGUAGE BOOTCAMP FOR JUNIOR TEENS SUMMER TIMETABLE 2019 :
|Monday – Friday||1st – 12thJuly 2019||10:00am – 12:00pm||Spanish/German|
|12th – 23rdAugust 2019||10:00am – 12:00pm||French|
|*Timetable subject to change|
NEXT COURSES STARTING FROM 1st JULY – 23rd AUGUST 2019
Registration closing date 14thJune 2019. To secure your child’s place a non-refundable deposit of €100 is required upon registration. The balance must be paid prior to the course start date. Online booking is also available!
* These courses are subject to demand. Places are limited therefore early booking is advisable. For more information and/or to register your interest please contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org You can also book and pay online by clicking here!
**All of our Language Courses require a minimum of 10 registrants in order to take place. Whilst we expect to reach this minimum in all courses, in the event that there are not enough participants registered by the Sunday evening before the first day of the course, we reserve the right to cancel the course and process a full refund of fees paid to the student/parent.
***Please be advised that whilst a ‘deposit paid’ secures your place onto a course, it does not guarantee admission to the course. In order to gain admission to any of our courses, fees need to be paid in full prior to the course start date. The reason for this is mainly because for may of our courses the full ‘book of notes’ for the entire course is handed out at the first lesson. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with regard to this. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any student who has not paid the course fees in full prior to the start date of the course (ie. the first lesson)