‘Wine Appreciation’ Course 2019
‘In vino, veritas’
(4 Week course)
1st – 26th April 2019
Mondays: 7-9pm (Last night Friday 26th April.)
(REGISTRATION CLOSING DATE 1ST MARCH 2019)
Wine is integral to the culture & lifestyles of so many European countries. France, for example, is the leading producer of wines in the world. A visitor to Spain is more likely to hear the invocation of the country’s great artists, writers and poets than anything else, and it is this same love of life, culture and the arts that has been poured into Spain’s wine making tradition for years. Similar can be said of Italy and its relationship with the grape. A little knowledge about wine is actually easy to build.
At CTA the aim of the ‘Wine Appreciation Course’ is to help participants get to grips with what is on offer in the Irish wine market, and how to get the best from a bottle of wine. Myths are challenged, prejudices are confronted, and all proceedings take place in a relaxed and sociable atmosphere. There is a strong emphasis on tasting, as we believe that this is the best way to learn about wine.
SESSION 1 (MONDAY – 1st April – 7pm-9pm)
- Introducing the World of Wine – the Basics.
- Grape Varieties: An introduction to the most important wine grape varieties, both white and red.
SESSION 2 (MONDAY -8th April- 7pm-9pm )
- Making Wine and Reading the Label
- Wines of Europe: A tour of European wine regions.
SESSION 3 (MONDAY -15th April- 7pm-9pm)
-Wines of the New World and Fortified Wines
SESSION 4 (FRIDAY – 26th Nov- 6:30pm-8:30pm / followed by evening meal at 8:30pm)
-Sparkling Wine, Storing Wine, Food and Wine Matching
Final night dinner, and presentation of Course Completion Certificates.
(We strongly advise you to leave your car at home for this class!)
DETAILS OF THE COURSE:
- The Course will run on three consecutive Monday nights, in April 2019, from 1st – 26th April.
- The course fee is €160. This includes all notes, wines tasted in each class, as well as dinner on the last night.
- Places on the course are strictly limited to 30 participants, ensuring all participants are comfortable and that there is time for questions.
- The course will be held in Clonmel Park Hotel (Venue subject to change) and will commence at 7.00 pm sharp each evening and 6:30pm on the last evening. The lecture and tasting usually finishes at about 9.00pm. There will be cheese and crackers served each evening & a light meal will be served on the last night of the wine course.
- Participants are kindly requested to be punctual, as late arrivals can cause considerable disruption to the class once started, and can have an effect on the finishing time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Places are limited to 30 participants; applications treated strictly on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All participants must be 18 years or older. (A copy of your Photo ID is to accompany your registration).
- An application will only be accepted in the form of a completed Booking Form and full payment for the entire course prior to the course start date. A separate Booking Form must be filled out for each participant. Deposits will not be taken, (nor will places be reserved) before a completed Booking Form has been received. A deposit of €80 will secure your pace on the course. Full payment required prior to the course start date.
- A reminder will be sent by e-mail to all participants a week before the course is due to start.
- CTA reserves the right to cancel the course or alter the date of scheduled classes and/or the venue if necessary. All Participants will be contacted immediately in this event.
- In the event of a participant failing to attend classes or arriving late to classes, CTA are not obliged to refund the participant, make places available on subsequent courses in respect of classes missed; or to provide alternative goods or services in lieu of missed classes.
Registration for this course is now open!!
* CTA courses are subject to demand. Places are limited therefore early booking is advisable. For more information and/or to register your interest please contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org .You can also book and pay online by clicking here!
**All of our Courses/workshops require a minimum of 10 registrants in order to take place. Whilst we expect to reach this minimum in all courses/workshops, in the event that there are not enough participants registered by the Sunday evening before the first day of the course/workshop, we reserve the right to cancel the course and process a full refund of fees paid to the student/parent.
***This course is for anyone,18yrs and over (Photo ID must accompany your registration form and also be provided each evening of the course) who enjoys wine and wants to learn more about wines and the various cultures attached to the wine industry !
****Please be advised that whilst a ‘deposit paid’ secures your place onto a course/workshop/seminar, it does not guarantee admission to the course/workshop/seminar. In order to gain admission to any of our courses/workshops/seminars, fees need to be paid in full prior to the course/workshop/seminar start date. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with regard to this. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any student who has not paid the fees in full prior to the start date of the course/workshop/seminar.
‘Learn a lot, taste lovely wines & get to meet lots of new people’
In partnership with:
The Wine Academy Ireland