‘Wine Appreciation’ Course 2018
‘In vino, veritas’
(4 Week course)
1st Oct -22nd Oct 2018
(REGISTRATION CLOSING DATE 25TH SEPTEMBER 2018)
Wine is integral to the culture & lifestyles of so many European countries. France, for example, is the leading producer of wines in the world. A visitor to Spain is more likely to hear the invocation of the country’s great artists, writers and poets than anything else, and it is this same love of life, culture and the arts that has been poured into Spain’s wine making tradition for years. Similar can be said of Italy and its relationship with the grape. A little knowledge about wine is actually easy to build.
At CTA the aim of the ‘Wine Appreciation Course’ is to help participants get to grips with what is on offer in the Irish wine market, and how to get the best from a bottle of wine. Myths are challenged, prejudices are confronted, and all proceedings take place in a relaxed and sociable atmosphere. There is a strong emphasis on tasting, as we believe that this is the best way to learn about wine.
SESSION 1 (MONDAY – 1st Oct- 7pm-9pm)
- Introducing the World of Wine – the Basics.
- Grape Varieties: An introduction to the most important wine grape varieties, both white and red.
SESSION 2 (MONDAY -8th Oct- 7pm-9pm )
- Making Wine and Reading the Label
- Wines of Europe: A tour of European wine regions.
SESSION 3 (MONDAY -15th Oct- 7pm-9pm)
-Wines of the New World and Fortified Wines
SESSION 4 (MONDAY – 22nd Oct- 6:30pm-8:30pm / followed by evening meal at 8:30pm)
-Sparkling Wine, Storing Wine, Food and Wine Matching
Final night dinner, and presentation of Course Completion Certificates.
(We strongly advise you to leave your car at home for this class!)
DETAILS OF THE COURSE:
- The Course will run on four consecutive Monday nights, in October 2018, from 1st – 22nd October
- The course fee is €160. This includes all notes, wines tasted in each class, as well as dinner on the last night.
- Places on the course are strictly limited to 30 participants, ensuring all participants are comfortable and that there is time for questions.
- The course will be held in Clonmel Park Hotel (Venue subject to change) and will commence at 7.00 pm sharp each evening and 6:30pm on the last evening. The lecture and tasting usually finishes at about 9.00pm. There will be cheese and crackers served each evening & a light meal will be served on the last night of the wine course.
- Participants are kindly requested to be punctual, as late arrivals can cause considerable disruption to the class once started, and can have an effect on the finishing time.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Places are limited to 30 participants; applications treated strictly on a first-come, first-served basis.
- All participants must be 18 years or older. (A copy of your Photo ID is to accompany your registration).
- An application will only be accepted in the form of a completed Booking Form and full payment for the entire course prior to the course start date. A separate Booking Form must be filled out for each participant. Deposits will not be taken, (nor will places be reserved) before a completed Booking Form has been received. A deposit of €80 will secure your pace on the course. Full payment required prior to the course start date.
- A reminder will be sent by e-mail to all participants a week before the course is due to start.
- CTA reserves the right to cancel the course or alter the date of scheduled classes and/or the venue if necessary. All Participants will be contacted immediately in this event.
- In the event of a participant failing to attend classes or arriving late to classes, CTA are not obliged to refund the participant, make places available on subsequent courses in respect of classes missed; or to provide alternative goods or services in lieu of missed classes.
Registration for this course is now open!!
* CTA courses are subject to demand. Places are limited therefore early booking is advisable. For more information and/or to register your interest please contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org .You can also book and pay online by clicking here!
**All of our Courses/workshops require a minimum of 10 registrants in order to take place. Whilst we expect to reach this minimum in all courses/workshops, in the event that there are not enough participants registered by the Sunday evening before the first day of the course/workshop, we reserve the right to cancel the course and process a full refund of fees paid to the student/parent.
***This course is for anyone,18yrs and over (Photo ID must accompany your registration form and also be provided each evening of the course) who enjoys wine and wants to learn more about wines and the various cultures attached to the wine industry !