SUPERVISED STUDY (JUNIOR & LEAVING CERT.)
Attendance Policy & Code of conduct:
(Please read carefully as these are strictly adhered to)
- Students must be punctual for each study session. Latecomers will be refused admission once the study session starts. No exceptions!!!
- The use of mobile phones, iPads, MP3 players, laptops and other electronic devices is strictly forbidden inside the study hall, except for study purposes. These will be confiscated and the student will be sent home.
- Students are not permitted to pass notes or books or talk to another student during the study period.
- ‘Make-up’ sessions will not be given in the case of students’ absence. As a courtesy to the Supervisor, we ask that you contact us (in writing if possible) if a student is to be absent.
- Students must attend all study sessions as booked. Should a student need to be excused, parents must inform the Academy in advance.
- Except at break-times, students will not be allowed to leave the study hall unless granted permission to do so by the Supervisor to use the toilet facilities.
- The student is expected to behave in a respectful and appropriate manner towards the Supervisor at all times.
- The student is responsible for understanding and adhering to the limits of the Supervisor’s role.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the study session is due to begin.
- Chewing gum or crisps are not allowed in the study rooms.
- Students are soley responsible for all their personal belongings. CTA will not accept responsibility for damage to/loss of such belongings onsite or elsewhere.
- Each student is responsible for their own area in the study room, in particular for tidiness of their area.
- Clonmel Tuition Academy is not responsible for students who leave the premises for whatever reason.
- CTA should be notified in writing of any relevant medical conditions a student may have.
- Photos may be taken for promotional purposes.If you do not wish to consent to this please inform CTA Management.
- Any breach of the above rules may result in permanent expulsion from the ‘Supervised Study’ programme without refund of fees. We would ask that study sessions be a ‘TALK FREE ZONE’. Silence to be maintained at all times inside the study hall.
- By signing the enrolment form you confirm that you have read and understood the rules, Terms & Conditions of CTA and that you agree to abide by them.
- CTA also reserves the right to adapt or amend these rules as it sees fit.
If we do have any issue with a student we will proceed as follows:
- He/She will be given one verbal warning
- We will contact Student’s parent
- If the problem persists, the student will be asked to leave the study hall. Any student who is asked to leave will not be permitted to return for the rest of the programme and the Parents will be informed accordingly. There will be no refund of fees paid in this scenario!
CTA Management Team, August 2018