Polish for Beginners Levels 1, 2 & 3
The course is aimed at those who have no previous knowledge of the language. Students will learn, in a relaxed and friendly atmosphere, to carry out basic language tasks in Polish, such as to be able to establish basic social contact by using the simplest everyday polite forms of greetings, farewells, introductions, saying please, thank you, sorry etc.
The course will particularly focus on the language use needed to deal with everyday situations. The emphasis will be on speaking the language. However, the course will also provide students with some basic structural knowledge of the language.
It covers all areas such as reading, writing, speaking, listening, grammar and pronunciation. Classes focus on some of the following topics:
- Introducing yourself and others
- Speaking about yourself, i.e. name, job, nationality, hobbies
- Speaking about your family
- Booking a hotel and checking in
- Booking a table – Eating and drinking out/ ordering meals
- Asking for and understanding directions
- Going shopping
- Complaining and apologising
- Arranging to meet
- Telephoning – Leaving a message – Taking a message
- Using public transport
- Coping in an emergency
- Polish culture
In class there will be great emphasis on using the language as much as possible and students will be asked to do some written exercises based on the topics used in the class. Students are also expected to participate in oral classroom activities.
The course is based on the communicative approach:
-active students’ interaction
-emphasis on speaking and listening skills
-pair and group work
-use of realia, pictures and authentic material
-use of audio-visual techniques when appropriate
Click the following links for a full course outline for each of these 10 week courses!
- Polish – Beginners Level 1: Course Outline
- Polish – Beginners Level 2: Course Outline (Not available yet)
- Polish – Beginners Level 3: Course Outline (Not available yet)
The Beginners Level 1 course will consist of a one hour weekly class run over 10 weeks. The next course is due to start 23rd April 2018, subject to demand. The fees for these courses are outlined in the Fee Schedule.
Polish Beginners Level 1 for Adults: TIMETABLE 2018
Next Course starts: April 2018: (Please contact the academy for exact dates & times)
|Monday||6:30pm- 7:30pm||Beginners 1|
|7:45pm- 8:45pm||Beginners 1|
*Timetable subject to change
* These classes are subject to demand. For more information and/or to register your interest please contact us now on email@example.com
*All of our Language Courses (Adult & Children classes) require a minimum of 10 registrants in order to take place. Whilst we expect to reach this minimum in all courses, in the event that there are not enough participants registered by the Sunday evening before the first day of the course, we reserve the right to cancel the course and process a full refund of fees paid to the student/parent.
If you would like to read more about the proficiency exams in the Polish Language (The Certificate Examinations in Polish as a Foreign Language) that fall under The Common European Framework of Reference for all european languages please click here!