Supervised Study – Weekends 2019
Leaving/Junior Cert. Supervised Study Programme: (Saturdays & Sundays; 9am-6pm – 8 Hours)
NEXT PROGRAMME STARTS 2ND FEBRUARY – 2ND JUNE 2019
During the year, prior to the Junior & Leaving Cert. exams, supervised study can help a student to maximise their potential. At Clonmel Tuition Academy (CTA), supervised study is available during term time for students who are dedicated to their studies. Students participating in the Junior & Leaving Cert. ‘Supervised Study’ programme at Clonmel Tuition Academy have the opportunity to study in a completely distraction-free environment, in an atmosphere that is calm and focused on learning. We will not tolerate any form of misbehaviour and students must adhere to strict rules regarding their behaviour and conduct.
The weekend study programme for 2019 commences in February 2019 (subject to demand) and runs every Saturday & Sunday until 2nd June 2019. You can opt for one or both days. Fees for these study programmes are outlined in the Fee Schedule! Click here to book online!
Attendance Policy & Code of conduct:
- Students must be punctual for each study session. Latecomers will be refused admission once the study session starts. No exceptions.
- The use of mobile phones, iPads, MP3 players, laptops and other electronic devices is strictly forbidden inside the study hall, except for study purposes. These will be confiscated and the student will be sent home.
- Students are not permitted to pass notes or books or talk to another student during the study period.
- ‘Make-up’ sessions will not be given in the case of students’ absence. As a courtesy to the Supervisor, we ask that you contact us (in writing if possible) if a student is to be absent.
- Students must attend all study sessions as booked. Should a student need to be excused, parents must inform the Academy in advance.
- Except at break-times, students will not be allowed to leave the study hall unless granted permission to do so by the Supervisor to use the toilet facilities.
- The student is expected to behave in a respectful and appropriate manner towards the Supervisor at all times.
- The student is responsible for understanding and adhering to the limits of the Supervisor’s role.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before the study session is due to begin.
- Chewing gum or crisps are not allowed in the study rooms.
- Students are soley responsible for all their personal belongings. CTA will not accept responsibility for damage to/loss of such belongings.
- Each student is responsible for their own area in the study room, in particular for tidiness of their area.
- CTA is not responsible for students who leave the premises for whatever reason.
- CTA should be notified in writing of any relevant medical conditions a student may have.
- Photos may be taken for promotional purposes.
- Any breach of the above rules may result in permanent expulsion from the ‘Supervised Study’ programme without refund of fees. We would ask that study sessions be a ‘TALK FREE ZONE’. Silence to be maintained at all times inside the study hall.
- By signing the enrolment form you confirm that you have read and understood the rules, Terms & Conditions of CTA and that you agree to abide by them.
- CTA also reserves the right to adapt or amend these rules as it sees fit.
If we do have any issue with a student we will proceed as follows:
– He/She will be given one verbal warning
– We will contact Student’s parent
– If the problem persists, the student will be asked to leave the study hall. Any student who is asked to leave will not be permitted to return for the rest of the programme and the Parents will be informed accordingly. There will be no refund of fees paid in this scenario!
Click on the image below for a
full outline of the programme:
Saturday & Sunday (9am-6pm)
|BREAK (10 mins)|
|10:30am – 11:40am||Supervised Study|
|BREAK (10 mins)|
|11:50am – 1:00pm||Supervised Study|
|LUNCH (1 hour)|
|2:00pm – 3:15pm||Supervised Study|
|BREAK (15 mins)|
|BREAK (15 mins)|
|5:00pm – 6:00pm||Supervised Study|
** These study sessions are subject to demand. For more information and/or to register your interest please contact us now on firstname.lastname@example.org
***All of our study sessions require a minimum of 50 registrants in order to take place. Whilst we expect to reach this minimum in all sessions, in the event that there are not enough participants registered by the Sunday evening before the first day of the course, we reserve the right to cancel the course and process a full refund of fees paid to the student/parent.
****Please be advised that whilst a ‘deposit paid’ secures your place onto a session, it does not guarantee admission to the study session. In order to gain admission fees need to be paid in full (or initial staged payments) prior to the session start date. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation with regard to this. We reserve the right to refuse admission to any student who has not paid the course fees (or initial staged payment) in full prior to the start date of the study session.