Maryanne Whelan, BAi(Hons), MSc, ACIM, MMII
Clonmel Tuition Academy (CTA) was established in 2017 by its Founder and Director, Maryanne Whelan, originally a native of Clonmel, who is also one of the outstanding language tutors at the Academy.
Maryanne completed her second-level education in the Presentation Secondary School in Clonmel and went on to complete a Bachelor of Arts Degree (Honours) from University College Dublin in French, Spanish and Linguistics and subsequently a Masters of Science Degree from the Dublin Institute of Technology in International Marketing with French. As part of her studies, Maryanne has also spent considerable time studying and working in France and Spain and has also lived for a number of years in The Middle East and The Caribbean, in parts where Spanish is one of the main languages spoken.
Certified with the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) UK and the Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII), Maryanne also has over 15 years’ experience in the areas of Business, Marketing, Communications, Event management and Mentoring. She has also spent time teaching at second level, both publicly and privately and teaching business and marketing programmes to industry. Having worked with a number of different corporations globally in places as diverse as the Middle East and the Caribbean Islands, Maryanne has recently returned to Ireland to pursue her dream of running her own private education business. Education is the most powerful weapon one can use to change the world and as a massive advocate of education and empowerment and as a firm believer in that it is never too late to learn something new, Maryanne is currently studying an LLB with The University of London.
Recognising the demand to provide students with additional, high-quality after-school support in the South Tipperary area and Industry with practical training and marketing workshops, Maryanne decided to set up the Clonmel Tuition Academy. The aim of CTA is to help second level students to develop their skills so they can understand and apply the basic fundamental concepts of the syllabus for the Junior and Leaving Certificate examinations. CTA business and marketing workshops are aimed at helping local ‘small-to-medium’ businesses and ‘start-ups’ kick-start and promote their business. Another arm to the Academy is the Language School which offers various European language classes including Irish Sign Language at beginners level to both young children and adults.
TRAINING & CERTIFICATIONS
• Set up and Run a Business (Cork Institute of Technology), 2003/2004
• Desk Top Publishing (DTP) Diploma, 2005
• Google University Part 1 – Sponsored Listings, Part 2 – Organic Listings (Interactive Return), 2006
• Email Marketing (Interactive Return), 2006
• E-marketing Strategy (MII), 2007
• Media Communications (MII), 2007
• Essential Law for Marketers (CIM), 2008
• Marketing Communications for Professional Services (CIM), 2008
• Corporate Social Responsibility (CIM), 2008
• How to write brilliant Newsletters and Press Releases (CIM), 2008
• Diploma in Digital Marketing (CIM), 2014
Languages: English (native); Spanish (fluent); French (fluent); Arabic (basic conversation)
• Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM), UK (ACIM)
• Marketing Institute of Ireland (MII), Ireland (MMII)