CTA Terms & Conditions
At Clonmel Tuition Academy (CTA) we try to be as accommodating as possible to help students achieve their aims but we do have a few rules to help us run the Academy successfully:
1. Enrolment for all courses/programmes requires the completion and submission of the relevant booking forms. For all courses a completed enrolment form and a deposit is required to secure your booking. This deposit will be deducted from the final (overall/months’) payment.
2. Fees for tuition are payable in advance to ‘Clonmel Tuition Academy’, either in cash, by cheque, Paypal and Electronic Funds transfer. You can pay online for all courses at https://clonmeltuitionacademy.ie/booking-forms/. We also provide contactless payment. For all courses, full payment is required prior to the course start date. For the English as a Foreign language (IELTS) course and the Supervised Study programmes staged payments must be made in advance of each month/term.
3. Any cancellations should be evidenced in writing and we will provide written or emailed confirmation that we have received your cancellation request within one working day. We will provide a full refund for prepaid classes/courses that are cancelled with the required notice. For the Supervised Study programmes one months notice in writing is required to opt out of the programme for a refund of remaining fees paid. For the Intensive Sunday, Christmas & Easter Revision courses you can cancel your enrolment and get a full refund of fees up to 14 days before the course start date.
4. For any of the 8-10 week language courses (Kids/Adults) and the Sign language courses full payment is required prior to the start date of the course. For the English Language course there is the option of staged payment. Unfortunately, there will be no refunds for students who decide to opt out of any of these courses mid-course. This is due partly because of the costs involved in running the courses and also to be fair to the students already enrolled on the courses and those on the ‘wait-list’. Whilst these courses are designed to be fun and engaging, (particularly the Kids language programmes), there is an academic element. If you feel you, or your child (as the case may be), might decide to opt out after a couple of lessons it might be best not to enrol on the course in the first instance.
5. Students paying monthly for Supervised Study are automatically enrolled for the following month unless their parent/guardian cancels enrolment within the required notice period.
6. There will be a 5% discount for each of any siblings enrolled on our courses (outside of the Kids/Adult Language courses), this also applies to the Supervised Study programmes.
7. There is also a 5% discount for any additional courses/workshops/seminars on which a student enrols.
8. There will be a 10% sibling/family discount for each of any siblings/family members enrolled on the Kids/Adult language courses.
9. For the CTA Booster/Revision Booster courses we offer a 20% discount for students wishing to enrol on more than one Booster/Revision course.
10. For our Intensive Revision Courses at Christmas/Easter/Sundays; the fee for 1 subject is €150, for each subject enrolled on after that is €100 per extra subject. No further discounts apply, however, there will be a sibling discount of 5% applied in the case of more than one family member enrolling on the CTA Intensive Revision courses.
11. For the ‘Mock Oral courses + exam’ there is a 10% discount for 2 subjects enrolled on, 20% for 3 subjects and 30% for 4 subjects.
12. From time to time we run ‘Early Bird Registration’ and ‘Group Booking’ discount offers for limited periods only. These offers do not run in conjunction with any other offer or our regular discount programmes.
13. CTA Gift Vouchers are redeemable at Clonmel Tuition Academy only and can be used when making a purchase. The vouchers have no implied warranties. A CTA gift voucher must be presented with the receipt for payment (safe where they were won in a raffle). They are not redeemable for cash, they are non-transferable and cannot be used in conjunction with any other coupon, offer or discount. The voucher will expire after 24 months of inactivity. The voucher will not be replaced if lost, damaged or stolen. (CTA is not responsible for lost, stolen or unauthorised use of vouchers). The unused value of the voucher remains until the expiry date and cannot be redeemed for cash. CTA Gift Voucher Terms & Conditions are subject to change.
14. All of our second level Booster Courses and Language programmes (Foreign language & Sign Language) require a minimum of 10 registrants in order to take place. Whilst we expect to reach this minimum in all courses, in the event that there are not enough participants registered by the Sunday evening before the first day of the course, we reserve the right to cancel the course and process a full refund of ‘fees paid’ to the student/parent! The maximum number of students for the Kids beginners language classes is 10, for the Adults language programmes it’s 12. For the English (IELTS) the maximum number of students is 16. For the second level 6/8 week ‘booster/revision’ courses the maximum number of students per class is 10 students.
15. There are 33 weeks in the academic year, however students may join Supervised study programmes at any point during the
year (fees are adjusted accordingly)
16. Students, and those responsible for paying their fees, are liable for any damage they cause to Academy equipment and the premises.
17. All absences should be reported by phone to the Academy manager 48 hours prior to class time. A homework assignment for the missed lesson will be issued to the student via email if a student does cancel/miss a lesson.
18. Students should aim to arrive 5 minutes before the start of their lesson. Any student who arrives late can only expect to be given the remainder of their lesson and not the full lesson time. Any student who is running late for a lesson should endeavour to call or text the Academy to give an estimated time of arrival. The numbers to use are; Office Tel:052-6154620 (or text to Mob: 087-1623258). Each group class is 80 minutes’ duration. Beginners language classes are 60 mins duration.
19. No fee refunds are given for any classes missed by the student. Classes missed by the Tutor will be rescheduled and prior notice given.
20. Scheduled classes will always take place on the day and time and at the venue specified in the registration letter that accompanies these terms and conditions, unless a class is rearranged for a time that is mutually convenient to both tutor and student.
21. We strive to provide the best possible service. However, we will not be held accountable or responsible for the academic success (or lack thereof) demonstrated by the student. Although, we will do everything in our power to help grades and skill sets to improve, we can offer no guarantee thereto.
22. We are not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of our tuition/educational services, study programmes and workshops, or any errors or omissions in the content of our materials. You (the parent/guardian) and the student/participant specifically waive any and all claims arising out of the use of this tuition/education service.
23. All materials we create in-house are copyright. You agree that you will not publish or distribute any portion of any materials without prior written permission from CTA. Clonmel Tuition Academy will not accept any responsibility for lost or damaged personal items or injury to a person onsite or elsewhere.
24. In the interests of the Student’s well-being whilst in the tutor’s care, the Academy must be informed of any medical or other condition affecting the Student. A written note upon registration will suffice.
￼25. Students should be aware that they are attending a Clonmel Tuition Academy class/course/programme/workshop/seminar to study and learn and are therefore expected to behave maturely and responsibly at all times. Activity which could cause disturbance to other students or Academy staff will result in instant dismissal from the course/programmes. In such a case, no refund of fees will be made.
26. Terms and conditions come into effect upon enrolment, whether that is through online registration & payment, in-person or through the post. By signing the enrolment form (online or otherwise) you confirm that you have read and understood the rules, Terms & Conditions of CTA and that you agree to abide by them.
27. CTA reserves the right to adapt or amend these rules and Terms & Conditions as it sees fit.
We hope you will understand the reasons we need to have these Terms & Conditions in place. If you would like to discuss them or you have any other questions about how we operate please do not hesitate to contact us on Office Tel: 052-6154620 (Mob: 087-1623258) or email us at email@example.com
CTA Management Team, September 2018