Privacy Information, Copyright and Disclaimer
Clonmel Tuition Academy (CTA) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that personal and sensitive information collected either via our website, (www.clonmeltuitionacademy.ie) or through the Academy itself, is gathered in compliance with this Privacy Statement. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of our data.
We restrict access to personal information to CTA employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and/or criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and therefore require that all computer and network security systems have appropriate firewalls, encryption technology and passwords to protect electronic copies of personal information. Unfortunately, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. If we no longer require your personal information, we will take reasonable steps to destroy it in a secure manner. This is subject to any legal obligations we have to keep information for a certain period of time.
What Student information is collected?
We may collect the following information about you when you enrol or inquire about our products/services or activities:
- Identifying and contact information (name, address, DOB, postcode, phone number, email address, etc)
- Demographic information such as preferences and interests
- Other information requested on voluntary customer surveys and/or offers
- Information about you or your child’s education history, status and abilities
- Information about your intended use of our products/services or activities
- Accounting, billing, credit (or other payment card verification and screening), credit card details if applicable
How is student information used?
This information is used only within Clonmel Tuition Academy to enable us to contact you by post, email, SMS or telephone for:
- responding to your enquiry
- providing the most suitable products/services or activities
- ongoing tracking of student progress
- providing feedback to parents on their child’s progress
- sending you offers and news about services and products provided by us, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- communication purposes to continually improve our services, products and customer service levels
- statistical analysis, customer surveys, customer relations and to help with future dealings with you.
We will only contact you by e-mail for marketing purposes if you have consented to this. You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us on email@example.com or write to the postal address cited below.
What Employee/Subcontractor information is collected?
Personal information provided to us through submission of an employment/subcontractor application will be used for analysis of suitability for a position available. The following is an outline of the sorts of personal information we ask for?
- Identifying and contact information (name, address, phone, email etc)
- A CV and cover letter outlining your job history, experience, education and skills as they relate to the position applied for.
- Due to the nature of our business some positions require extra information to be provided or obtained to ensure compliance with child protection legislation.
- If hired, banking, inland revenue, pension and other related information may be required where applicable.
If you apply to work at Clonmel Tuition Academy, we will only use the information you supply to us to process your application and to monitor recruitment statistics. Where we want to disclose information to a third party, for example where we want to take up a reference or obtain a ‘disclosure’ from the Criminal Records Bureau we will not do so without informing you beforehand unless required to do so by law.
If your application is successful, your personal details will form part of an employee/subcontractor record. Clonmel Tuition Academy will only disclose this information when required to do so by law to authorised government agencies, or otherwise as directed by yourself. Limited personal information may be made available internally within the Clonmel Tuition Academy to other employees or managers via organisation employee contact lists, however we will not do so without informing you beforehand.
How is employee/subcontractor information stored and disclosed?
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer or such business or assets.
- If Clonmel Tuition Academy is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its students/employees/subcontractors will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a ‘duty to disclose’ or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce any agreements, or to protect the rights, property or safety of the Clonmel Tuition Academy, our students/employees/subcontractors, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We use Google Analytics to help analyse use of our Website. The cookies used by Google Analytics collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, from where visitors have come to the site and the pages they have visited. Cookies are small txt files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. You can find out more about the way cookies work and Google Analytics on http://www.allaboutcookies.org/and www.google.com/analytics. By continuing your navigation of the CTA website, you are consenting to CTA collecting and using your information for the purposes stated above. You can disable Google Analytics tracking on your browser by following the instructions on the Google site.
In certain instances, the Clonmel Tuition Academy website facilitates communication between students (and staff) via online networks. The networks primarily operate on an ‘opt-in’ basis, i.e. you have to request that your details are added to the network and consent to their inclusion. The views expressed by students using these networks (or similar) do not reflect the views of Clonmel Tuition Academy.
Links to other websites
Our Website may contain links to the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, which are outside of our control and are not covered by this Privacy notice. We are not responsible for the content and the privacy practices of other web sites. If you access other sites using the links provided, the operators of these sites may collect information from you which will be used by them in accordance with their own privacy policies. To this end, we would encourage you to read in advance the privacy statements on the other websites you visit and make your own decisions regarding the accuracy, reliability and correctness of material and information found.
We will not send you “spam” (advertising information) without first asking you whether you wish to have promotional information sent to you. If you are receiving promotional information about CTA and do not wish to receive this information any longer, you may remove your name from our list by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and asking to be removed from our mailing list. Please allow several days for this request to be processed.
Copyright subsisting in the content of this Website, including (without limitation) all trademarks, texts, graphics and information, is owned by Clonmel Tuition Academy, save where expressly stated. Copying or reproduction of the whole or any part of this Website in any form, including electronic media, is expressly prohibited save that you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your own personal use, provided that you acknowledge us as the source of the material.
Although every effort is taken to ensure the accuracy of the information contained within the pages of Clonmel Tuition Academy website we cannot guarantee that the content or ‘facilities’ of the website will always be current, accurate or complete.
Whilst CTA shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that this site is normally available 24 hours a day, the Academy will not be liable if for any reason the site is unavailable at any time or for any period. Access to this site may be suspended temporarily and without notice in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of Clonmel Tuition Academy.
Clonmel Tuition Academy shall not be liable for any loss or damage arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of this site or from the inability to use this site, or from the use of any information contained within it, or from any action or decision taken as a result of using this site or any such information. Clonmel Tuition Academy reserves the right to remove, vary or amend any of the content of its website at any time and without prior notice.
Clonmel Tuition Academy is not responsible for the content or operation of external websites. References and links to any such sites shall not be taken as an endorsement by CTA of opinions expressed or products/services provided on those sites.
Need Further Information?
Clonmel Tuition Academy
Tel: (052) 6154620
* The use of the term “Personal Information” in this privacy statement means any information from which your identity is apparent or can be reasonably ascertained.
Last updated December 2018.