Career Guidance & Educational Planning Workshops (6th yrs)
“The future depends on what you do today”….Mahatma Gandhi
Next Workshop: 27th – 29th August 2018 (inclusive)
(Registration Closing date 31st July 2018)
Deciding on a career is one of the biggest and most important decisions a student will ever make. A students chosen career path will have far reaching consequences for their well-being and success throughout life. With the increasing availability of higher education options today in addition to increased competition for third level places, making good, wise, informed decisions based on specific guidance as early on in the process as possible becomes even more important. Selecting the “right” third level course is a major life decision to make, and always poses a challenge. Unwise career decisions can have far reaching consequences. Recent studies have shown that about one-in-six students end up dropping out of their chosen third-level course before their 2nd Year. This only solidifies the need for expert guidance prior to making such important life decisions.
Clonmel Tuition Academy works closely in partnership with CareerGuidance.ie to run focused Career Guidance workshops throughout the academic year for 3rd yr/ TY/5th & 6th Year students. These workshops aim to support students in deciding the best most suitable career options for them and thus aid them in making informed decisions about second and third level subject choices, higher education institutions, alternative pathways and future employment.
In line with the workshops, CTA offers psychometric profiling designed to identify the students abilities, aptitudes, personality traits, interests and values. These assessments can be completed online prior to the workshop and each takes about 15 minutes to complete. This information is vital in determining the right path forward for the student and furthermore aids the student in achieving a higher degree of self-awareness and understanding thus enabling them to make the right choices when deciding on a career, either further education or employment. All of the assessments can be completed in the students’ own time, online and are assessed by CTA Career Guidance experts. The results will be made available prior to the workshop, thus maximising the time spent at the workshop!
In partnership with:
NEXT WORKSHOP: 27th – 29th August 2018 – 6th Year Students only. Limited places only! Registration Closing date 31st July 2018! Click here to download a registration form.
CTA workshops aim to offer guidance in the following:
- Plan your Transition Year
- Discover your talents and strengths
- Discover your learning style
- Discover work environments which would be most compatible with your personality
- Discover which school subjects would be most useful to you in terms of your career choice and in so doing choose your Leaving Certificate subjects
- Discover information on courses which would most suit you and your chosen career path
- Improve your study skills and exam techniques
- Assess entry requirements for 3rdLevel
- Select a course and university/college
- Prepare CAO/UCAS applications and other relevant college forms
- Complete DARE and HEAR applications
- Consider study options in Europe, America or elsewhere
- Plan a constructive Gap Year
- Provide detailed feedback on the results of your assessments.
CAO (Central Applications Office)
UCAS (Universities & Colleges Admissions Services)
DARE (The disability Access Route to Education)
HEAR (Higher Education Access Route)
SUSI (Students Grants Application)
For more useful career links click here!
For a comprehensive list of Higher Education Colleges/Universities click here!
*Source: Central Applications Office
These workshops are subject to demand and places are limited. Register your interest today by emailing the Academy at firstname.lastname@example.org to avoid disappointment!
* All registered Guidance Practitioners will hold a minimum Post Graduate or Master’s Qualification in Career Guidance from an Irish or British University. They will also hold an Undergraduate Degree and most will also hold a Teaching Post Grad and have also passed the British Psychometric Society Level A Exam (BPS Level A)