Ms. Claire Whelan – Accounting
Claire is a very experienced tutor with both industry and academic experience and is currently teaching at second level, specialising in Junior & Leaving cert. Accounting. Having completed a Commerce Degree in UCC, Claire subsequently went on to qualify as a Chartered Management Accountant through the association of the ‘Chartered Institute of Management Accountants’ (CIMA). Claire later returned to education to complete a Higher Diploma in Education.
A highly experienced Teacher with more than 10 years teaching experience in Accounting, Business and Maths, Claire has also in recent years obtained her honours Diploma in Mathematics from the University of Limerick.
Claire has also worked for the ‘State Exams Commission’ for several years, correcting at both Junior and Leaving Certificate levels.
** Claire has joined Clonmel Tuition Academy to deliver the Intensive Revision Courses in Accounting only.
• BCom Degree (University of Limerick)
• Chartered Management Accountant (CIMA)
• Higher Diploma in Education
• Diploma (Hons) in Mathematics (University of Limerick)
- More than 10 years teaching experience at second level
- Several years experience correcting for the ‘State Exams Commission’ (both Junior and Leaving Certificate levels)
- Strong rapport with students and parents
- Clear explanation of complex accounting structures
- Able to sustain interest in students & impart a love of her subject area
- Able to simplify difficult accounting & business concepts
Insights of Teaching Style
Claire’s practical knowledge and passion of the business field has allowed her to bring her experience to life in the classroom which receives a very positive response. With a focus on comprehension, students gain an in depth knowledge and understanding of their subject, thus enabling them to develop a skillset that they have for life.