We offer an intensive programme covering all aspects of the Leaving Certificate Polish papers suited to those willing to give 100% commitment. However, grinds do not replace or interfere with regular school work. They are intended to supplement and enhance school learning. All classes will be streamed according to ability. Polish grinds enable students to develop a keen understanding of the syllabus and develop their written and oral skills. Grinds will also be of benefit to students who have fallen behind due to illness or absenteeism and who wish to return to their previous standard.
Having one foreign language is a requirement for hundreds of CAO courses now so it is unwise to drop your language unless you are certain it will not make you ineligible for a course you may choose in the future. Polish is useful for travel and a wide variety of careers.
We are currently offering Polish grinds to Leaving Certificate students. See Timetable for more details!
LEAVING CERT. POLISH PROGRAMME:
Methodology and General Course Information:
Below is a general course outline of what to expect. Polish grammar is covered systematically with emphasis placed on reading, writing, listening and speaking skills in the core topics. Working through past papers enables students to improve not just their vocabulary, but also learn important strategies and grow in confidence. Students are also given intense language drilling before the oral exams. All classes are 80 minutes’ duration per week.
- Weekly homework assignments given and corrected the following week
- Exam questions practiced and taken up for correction
- Monthly Assessments
- All areas of the course covered: reading comprehension, listening, oral, written
- Online support 24 hours a day via social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) or email.
- Progress Reports issued to parents at Christmas and Easter. Parents are notified if students do not complete their homework or are not performing to the best of their ability
- A) Polish Oral
(The oral accounts for xx% of the final examination result)
- B) Polish Aural (Listening Comprehension)
(The aural accounts for xx% of the final examination result)
- c) Polish Written Expression
(The written expression accounts for xx% of the final examination result)
|Timetable – TBD|
|Monday||6:00pm – 7:20pm
7:30pm – 8:50pm
|Polish – LC|