Mr. Owen O’Sullivan – Maths
With an outstanding academic portfolio and a UCC graduate, Owen has a Bsc in Structural Engineering. He is currently teaching at second level and also (having previously taught Maths & Business at Hewitt College Cork) he currently lectures at Griffith College teaching Maths and Business to Degree Students. His past & current teaching experiences have therefore put him in good stead to deliver the Higher level Leaving Cert syllabus in Maths.
Owen also has extensive industry experience prior to moving into the area of education working for a time as Engineer & Surveyor for various Mu;tinational organisations and subsequently as Trainee Accountant with Ernst & Young. He has taught a myriad of students, from Secondary up to third level. Owen is very familiar with the current Leaving Certificate syllabus. As such, in addition to helping students to understand the complex structures in the maths curriculum, he also focuses on examination skills as well.
Owen, like our other Tutors, is also an advocate of fostering an independent thinking and learning spirit in his students. He manages his class well, and motivates his students to remain focused during lessons. A well-received tutor, acknowledged by his students and their parents.
- Bsc in Structural Engineering
- Postgraduate Diploma in Accounting
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education
- Seven exemptions from Accounting ACCA Exams
- Certificate in Advanced 2D Autocad
- Member of I.E.I (Irish Engineers Ireland)
• More than 5 years of teaching experience
• Strong rapport with students and parents
• Clear explanation of complex mathematical structures
• Able to sustain interest in students
• Able to simplify difficult mathematical concepts using real-world examples
Insights of Teaching Style
This teacher believes that no academic difficulty is insurmountable if the student is willing to learn and the educator willing to impart. Based on his firm academic foundation, he develops a unique teaching method to help students navigate their way through the Leaving Cert. Maths Syllabus.